Today we are testing live timing. Let us know how it works for you.
The club needs a helper to be the race starter for this club day, February 25, 2012. If anybody would like to assist with this, please contact Adam Bourke ASAP.
The club needs a helper to be the finishing marshall for this club day, February 25, 2012. If anybody would like to assist with this, please contact Adam Bourke ASAP.
Time to dust off your karts as the first club day races of 2012 are on this Saturday. 14 classes are being offered and it is a day / night event.
The track will be open to competitors all morning for free practice and racing is scheduled to start around 2pm.
Many have been asking for a Sportsman 125 Super Heavy class and also a class to race your high performance engines with sticky tyres. Both are being catered for at this event with the running of the Open Performance Class which will be using MG Yellow Tyres, and Sportsman 125 Super Heavy on MG Red tyres.
Don’t forget to bring your clear visors, as they must be used once the track lights are switched on.
If you’re not able to race at this event, but have some time available, can help out the club for part of the day, please come along. We are always needing helpers to be flag marshals, or to help in the canteen.
For further information, please click on the Race Entry page.
The club is holding a working bee Wednesday, February 22, starting at 5pm. The track will be closed for normal use during the working bee.
Please come along, lend a hand, and help out your club.
At Tuesday night’s general meeting, is was confirmed that Sportsman Super Heavy will be offered as a class at club days in 2012 if 6 entries are received. This class will race at 200kg using the MG red tyre.
To ensure this class runs at the February club day, please pre-enter by Wednesday February 22nd.
Michelle Carless has decided to retire from being the clubs race secretary. The committee and club wish to thank Michelle for the time and effort she has put in to this very important club position every month, to ensure that our club days and opens have run as smoothly as possible.
The club is therefore looking for someone to fill the role of race secretary. Michelle is willing to help the successful applicant with taking over the role of race secretary, until after the All Stars meeting in April.
In brief, the role of the race secretary is to co-ordinate entries and key them into the CMS software. Also after each race meeting, the stewards paperwork needs to be processed and sent to the VKA secretary.
Please e-mail the Club President, Adam Bourke, if you are interested in taking on the role of race secretary.
Results of the 2012 Country Series Round 1 held at Warrnambool Kart Club, VIC.
Full results have been posted on the AKA Results Site.
- Clubman Super Heavy – John Dankowski, Martin Golledge, Andrew Hayes
- Clubman Light – Damien Stevens, Phillip Munnerley, Ashley Lear
- Midgets – Jordyn Sinni, Michael Clemente, Nathan Williams
- Clubman Over 40 – Glenn Henley, Craig Widgery, Andrew Stubbs
- Junior National Heavy – Zac Soutar, Edward Brown, William Hawkes
- Sportsman Light – Corey McCullagh, Harley BENSON, Adam Lindstrom
- Sportsman Restricted Light – James Macdonald, Brock Rae, Cameron Phillips
- Junior National Light – William Hawkes, Thomas Prascevic, Braydon North
- Sportsman Restricted Heavy – Chris Crawley, Mark Bodger, Peter McDonald
- Junior Clubman – Kyle Rethus, Leonardo Lo Bianco, Jacob Witherow
- Junior Max – Jarrod Dwyer, Mitchell Quiddington
- Sportsman Restricted Super Heavy – Joe Romeo, Billy Askew, Philip Muscari
- Rookies – Dylan Hollis, Kirby Hillyer, Brodie Cook
- Clubma Heavy – Christopher Thomas, Jarryd Balcombe, Matthew Cranne