Photos of club members working in the new clubrooms.
We proudly present the first MYLAPS iPhone app: the MYLAPS Event Results application! From today on you can download the app for free at the App store. The official MYLAPS Event Results application offers you easy and instant access to your race results – anytime and anywhere! All event results that have been uploaded to mylaps.com are featured in the app – sorted by type of sports and class to make finding your results even easier. The app supports all results from all countries and sports that are available on mylaps.com.
OGKRC’s resident starter and life member Paul Griffiths has sent in the following race report after this Sunday’s August Club Day Races. Thank’s Paul.
A magnificent sunny August morning greeted the 108 karters who turned up for Oakleigh’s Club Day this month, and good entries in a number of classes meant a good day of racing was in store for us. While the clouds came over later in the day, there was no sign of any of the rain that had been forecast.
Heat 1 saw Mark Hunt lead them away and after 1 lap pull a good break from Andrew Yuill then Rhys Hunt, Vern Kranz, Luke Andoloro and Greg Smart. Continue reading
Live Timing Today At August Club Day 2012. Simply click on the Live Race Timing page.
This week all members would have received a letter in the post from the club containing the nomination form for next months AGM.
The return postal address shown at the top of the cover letter is not correct. The correct return postal address is: PO Box 215, Braeside, VIC 3195
The August Club Day races are being held at OGKRC for all club members on Sunday 26/8/2012. The feature class for August is Rookies.
For anyone competing in this event, please don’t forget to pre-enter online by Wednesday evening 22/8/2012. Only those who pre-enter online are eligible to be in the tyre draw which is held at the completion of racing.
The entry fee for competitors entering online is $45. No additional fee will be charged if paying by credit card. The entry fee for competitors who don’t pre-enter online will be $50.
The August general meeting of the Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club is being held this Tuesday August 14th 2012, at 7.30pm in the club rooms.
All members are invited to attend the general meeting. Many discussions, ideas and decisions are made at the general meetings. If you don’t attend, you are then unable to have your say in the direction that the club takes on various matters.
The club is holding a working bee on Saturday, August 18, from 9am until 1pm. The track will be closed for normal use during the working bee.
Work will be done in the new club rooms and pumps will be installed.
Please come along, and help out your club.
Results of the 2012 City Of Melbourne Titles held at Go-Kart Club Of Victoria, VIC.
Full results have been posted on the AKA Results Site.
Drivers shown in bold, are OGKRC members.
- Clubman Over 40 – Christopher Sanderson, Steven Riddell, Phillip Smith
- Junior National Heavy – Nicholas Rowe, Damon Strongman, Jordan Boys
- Cadets – Benito Montalbano, Joshua Smith, Jordyn Sinni
- Junior Clubman – Thomas Randle, Kyle Rethus, Nicholas Rowe
- Sportsman Heavy – Rick Pringle, Reece Broady, Brock Green
- DD2 – Jason Pringle, Michael Stewart, Travis Millar
- Clubman Heavy – Leigh Nicolaou, Matthew Wall, Rhys Harrod
- Junior Max – Thomas Randle, Jake Klein, Jordan Boys
- Sportsman Light – Reece Bloomfield, Ben Stewart, Bradley Jenner
- Open Performance – Jason Pringle, Christopher Hays, Lee Mitchener
- Rookies – Cooper Murray, Thomas Bennett, Dylan Hollis
- Junior National Light – Braydon North, William Hawkes, Damon Strongman
- Clubman Light – James Sera, Jordan Sanderson, Jordan Ford
John Champan sent in the following pictures of recent works being done on the new club rooms.