The Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club is preparing to once again hold the annual premier Juniors only kart racing event early in the 2013 racing calendar.
This year the club has decided to start racing a little earlier in the day, thereby allowing one extra race per class. In 2013, the format of racing will be as follows.
- 1 x Five minute qualifying session
- 2 x Heats of 10 laps
- 1 x Final of 15 laps
Racing will be held on Friday January 18 and Saturday January 19, 2013. The Friday and Saturday races are treated as separate race meetings, with prizes given out for each event. Series prizes will be awarded to the competitors with highest accumulated points from both racing days. To be eligible for series prizes, you must race at both events.
The Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club would like to thank the following companies for their generous sponsorship of the 2013 Junior Top Guns races.
Event Sponsors – Please Support The Companies That Support You
- Junior Racing Development – juniorracing.com.au
- DPE – dpeng.com.au
- MKC – mkcracing.com.au
- Master Karting – masterkarting.com.au
- Yamaha – yamaha-motor.com.au
- J&A Tuning – jatuning.com.au
- Borland Racing Developments – borlandracing.com
- James Sera’s Karting Centre – kartingcentre.com.au
- Tony Kart Australia – tonykartaustralia.com.au
Some of the fantastic prizes on offer include:
- $1100 cash per class for the top 5 series place getters
- Formula Vee Drive (click here for important information on this prize)
- Arrow Junior Chassis
- OMP Clothing Package
- Yamaha clothing
- Dunlop Tyres
- Numerous other giveaways
The classes offered are:
- Junior National Light C&P
- Junior National Light
- Junior National Heavy C&P
- Junior National Heavy
- Junior Clubman
- Formula JMA
Be sure to read the supplementary regulations, in particular the notes about tyre and engine use over the two events.
Supplementary regulations available for download:
Practice for these not to be missed events will be held from 10am to 2pm on both days and racing will start around 3pm.