Due to the inclement weather experienced in December, our track resurfacing program has been delayed by around a week. The track will not re-open until Saturday December 21 2013.
We apologise for this inconvenience, but for safety reasons, we need to ensure that all works are completed before we allow any karter’s to use the track.
The working bee that was scheduled for Monday December 9 has been cancelled due to the poor weather conditions.
The club is holding a working bee each night this coming week. From Monday 9 – Friday 13 December 2013.
If you are available, please come and assist to get the track up and running so we can get back to practising on the newly laid bitumen.
The December general meeting of the Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club is being held this Tuesday, December 8th 2013, at 7.30pm in the club rooms.
All members are invited to attend the general meeting. Many discussions, ideas and decisions are made at the general meetings. If you don’t attend, you are then unable to have your say in the direction that the club takes on various matters.
Updated 8/12/2013 – Here are a few photos of the track resurfacing work that is being done at OGKRC.
The OGKRC track will be closed from November 25 to December 13 2013 for resurfacing.
The OGKRC 2013 Class Driver points have been tallied and have now been posted on the mylaps.com site. Listed below are the top three for each class.
Congratulations to all winners, and hope to see you at the end of year presentation dinner which is being held at the Dandenong Club on on Satuday December 7 at 6.30 pm.
- Cadets – Kai Upiter (8616), Braydon Callaghan (8515), Joshua Hocking (7529)
- Clubman Heavy – Thomas Martin (6040), Lachlan Citrine (4327), James Mastorakos (4139)
- Clubman Light – Matthew McLean (8068), Matthew Lane (7578), Nicholas Bates (6137)
- Clubman Super Heavy – Malcom Hunt (8211), Mick Fisher (7383), Darren Kemp (3325)
- Junior Clubman – Justin Carless (6291), Dylan O’Keeffe (5306), Ashton Andaloro (5190)
- Junior National Heavy – Dylan O’Keeffe (7549), Justin Carless (6779), Lucas Filikotzias (5566)
- Junior National Light – Cody Donald (6683), Matthew Iredale (6645), Jack Bell (5997)
- Rookies – Jordan Dudfield (7274), Blake Kolar (7153), Patrick Forrester (6609)
- TAG Heavy – Rhys Hunt (8280), Vern Kranz (7674), Greg Smart (7010)
- TAG Light – Shane Alabaster (7144), Ben Freeman (5556), Shane Kovacs (4970)
- Sportsman Restricted Light – Nathan Grover (7841), Sean Barnardo (7231), Zackery Cerato (6376)
- Sportsman Restricted Heavy – Richard Matera (7441), Jason Sheales (6840), Paul Maruszak (6437)
Last Club Day of the year at Oakleigh and we move to the Saturday day / night format for November to change things up a bit and give members a chance to race under Oakleigh’s lights. Weather was fairly typical for Melbourne at this time of year – absolutely pouring with rain in the morning, clearing to bright sunshine and humid in the early afternoon, with the possibility of anybody’s guess later in the day. With a few visitors probably preparing for Top Guns or the 2014 Vic Open, we had 116 entries turn up for the last time in 2013, and just after 1.00pm we got underway.
A swarm of P Platers – 11 of them in all, followed Kai Upiter, Michael Horner, Braydon Callaghan, Jay Hanson and Joshua Hocking out the gate in Cadets and Horner got away best, then Callaghan, a gap to Upiter and Hanson, but these 4 had cleared out on the rest. A good job by all the P Platers Continue reading
Long time club member Michael Griffiths has finally decided to retire from karting. He and major sponsor Paul Griffiths who is an OGKRC life member are selling up their vast collection of karting spares along with their team trailer.
The parts and trailer will be on display this Saturday at the November club day at Oakleigh. Click the following links to see the list of items which are for sale.
The November Club Day, last for the year, is being held at OGKRC for all club members on Saturday 23/11/2013 and entries are now open.
Feature classes will be Cadets & Sportsman Restricted Light (if more than 5 competitors).
For anyone competing in this event, please don’t forget to pre-enter online by Wednesday evening. Only those who pre-enter online are eligible to be in the tyre draw which is held at the completion of racing.
The entry fee for competitors pre-entering online is $45. The entry fee for competitors who don’t pre-enter online will be $50.
- Canteen open 11am
- Entries taken from 11.30am – 1pm (No late entries will be accepted as this holds up the race meeting)
- Practice Session for all competitors from 9am
- Drivers briefing 1.45pm
- Racing starts at the completion of drivers briefing
90 pre-entries to date (21/11/2013 9.47pm)
- Cadets (Pre-entries: 9)
- Rookies (Pre-entries: 5)
- Junior National Light (Pre-entries: 7)
- Junior National Heavy (Pre-entries: 10)
- Junior Clubman (Pre-entries: 7)
- Clubman Light (Pre-entries: 6)
- Clubman Heavy (Pre-entries: 2)
- Clubman Super Heavy (Pre-entries: 3)
- Sportsman Restricted Light (Pre-entries: 14)
- Sportsman Restricted Heavy (Pre-entries: 12)
- Tag 125 Light (Pre-entries: 6)
- Tag 125 Heavy (Pre-entries: 9)