Results of the 2011 Country Series Rd 2 held at Ballarat Kart Club, VIC.
Full results have been posted on the AKA Results Site.
- Clubman Over 40 – Ian Branson, Mark Cottrell, Rodney Westbrook
- Junior National Light – William Hawkes, Luke Marquis, Damon Strongman
- Clubman Heavy – Scott King, Andrew Cash, Joshua Franzi
- Senior National Pro – Ashley Quiddington, Joshua Tapscott, Drue Masterson
- Midgets – Dylan Hollis, Cooper Murray, Jack Nolan
- Rotax Pro – Broe Shiells, Ashley Quiddington, Stephanie Munn
- Junior National Heavy – Anton De Pasquale, Andrew Hollis, Cameron Reynolds
- TaG 125 Restricted – Anthony Warner, Neville Crump, Daniel Clemente
- TaG 125 Restricted B – Brad Dines, James MacDonald, Brett North
- Leopard Pro – Timothy Holowell, Jordan Nicolaou, Harley Benson
- Junior Clubman – Anton De Pasquale, Luke Marquis, Kyle Rethus
- Rookies – Thomas Prascevic, Jarrod Dwyer, Luke Guillou
- Clubman Light – Jordan Nicolaou, Mitchell Wilmot, Steven Gawne
- Clubman Super Heavy – Shane Wharton, Scott Ferguson, Andrew Hayes
The club is holding a working bee this Thursday, March 24 starting around 5.00pm.
Please come along and help out to prepare for March club day.
Online pre-entries are now open for March club day. This club race event will be held on Saturday March 26. If you are racing at this event, please take a minute to pre-enter. This helps speed up the entry taking process on race day and allows racing to begin earlier.
For those who enjoy racing under lights, come along and have a go. Remember to bring your clear visors as once the track lights get switched on, only clear visors are allowed to be used.
A service for the late Carey Stapleton will be held at Bunurong Memorial Park, 790 Frankston Dandenong Rd, Dandenong South on Thursday March 17 2011 commencing at 9.30 a.m.
Link to Herald Sun Obituary
On the 13th of March 2011, a past member of the Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club, Carey Stapleton passed away.
Carey raced with myself and a few of the senior members that are still at the club. He raced in Clubman Heavy, then moved to Rotax Over 40 at the Go-Kart Club Of Victoria. He was a fierce competitor that made racing him a challenge, and when you finished in front of him you knew you had earned it.
On a personal note I would like to say that he will be missed by us that knew him well.
Rest in peace Carey.
The committee and members from the Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club wish to pass on our most sincere condolences to Carey’s family and friends on this most solemn occasion, and will always remember him as a fellow member of our club.
OGKRC drivers have once again shown their skill and race-craft by winning state open title blue plates in 4 classes at this weekends Victorian Open Championship, held at Go-Kart Club Of Victoria.
The club wishes to congratulate the following drivers for their wins.
David Sera (Rotax Light) – Rotax Light was won in convincing style by David Sera, who is also the current National Champion in this class.
David Sera (Leopard Light) – After taking the lead in the early laps, David Sera drove away from his competitors to continue his winning ways after taking the Rotax Light championship title earlier in the day.
Liam McLellan (Junior National Light) – The top four drivers in Junior National Light battled long and hard and often swapped places, but McLellan held off the opposition and took the chequered flag by just 0.006.
James Sera (Clubman Light) – James Sera led the early laps of the final, and then the rain came. Numerous competitors were unable to cope with the wet conditions, causing them to spin off. There were several lead changed between James Sera and David Sera, but at the flag, James Sera held on for the win.
Results of the 2011 Victorian Open Championship held at Go-Kart Club Of Victoria, VIC.
Full results have been posted on the AKA Results Site.
Also, read the race report on karting.net.au.
- Clubman Super Heavy – Ben McKinlay, Scott Simpson, Nathan van Hulst, Scott Ferguson, Shane Wharton
- Junior Clubman – Joseph Mawson, Liam Morey, Anthony Martin, Todd Hazelwood, James Hughes
- Clubman Heavy – Brendan Nelson, Matthew Wall, Glenn Riddell, Richard Muscat, Remo Luciani
- Midgets – Jordan Caruso, Thomas Bennett, Chase Wooley, Dylan Hollis, Brock Kenny
- Rotax Light – David Sera, Luke Rochford, Brad Jenner, Josh De Maio, Michael Robson
- Junior Max – Joseph Mawson, Liam Morey, Pierce Lehane, Michael Stewart, Matthew McLellan
- Clubman Over 40 – Remo Luciani, Christopher Sanderson, Phillip Smith, John Pringle, Leon Forrest
- Senior National Heavy – Nicholas Ellen, Glenn Riddell, Brett Dillon, Todd Stevens, Jarryd Ebzery
- Leopard Light – David Sera, James Sera, Scott Kissock, Adam Willison, Richard Muscat
- Junior National Heavy – Anton de Pasquale, Todd Hazelwood, Matthew McLellan, Nicholas Rowe, Luke Walker
- Leopard Heavy – Matthew Wall, Lee Mitchener, Michael Griffiths, Shane Price, Daniel Stein
- Rookies – Reece Sidebottom, Thomas Schou, Nikola Mitic, Jayden Ojeda, Cody Gillis
- Rotax Heavy – Brendan Nelson, Paul Rodgers, Zeke Edwards, Rick Pringle, Ben McKinlay
- Senior National Light – Nicholas Ellen, Jarryd Ebzery, Luke Caputo, Darsey Kondopirakis, Thomas Allen
- Junior National Light – Liam McLellan, James Golding, Jake Klein, Luke Marquis, William Hawkes
- Clubman Light – James Sera, David Sera, Mitchell Wilmot, Jordan Nicolaou, Cian Fothergill
Many race meetings both now and future will require racers to enter online using the AKA license system. To be able to enter you will need to know your AKA ID number and password.
These details were supplied with your license, but if you can’t locate your ID number and password, make sure to get them from the AKA/VKA well before the race meeting you wish to race at.The AKA/VKA administer these login details, so the club is not able to help you
The downloads page has been updated with addendum number 16. This addendum relates to the Parilla Leopard engine.
Suggest you take a look at the addendums from time to time to ensure you are aware of the latest rule changes.
Results of the 2011 Val And Joyce Findlay Memorial held at Geelong Karting Club, VIC.
Full results have been posted on the Mylaps Results Site.
- Midgets – Chase Wooley, Jack Nolan, Antonio Astuti
- TaG Restricted Heavy – Jordan Cullis, Wayne Ceppa, Anthony Warner
- Clubman Light – Jake Campana, Joseph Cutri, Scott Dillon
- Junior National Heavy – Matthew McLellan, Jake Dixon, Edward Brown
- Rookies – Rhys Wolley, Jordan Rae, Brayden Flood
- Rotax Over 40 – Mark Newman, Glen Chadwick, Dallas Walton
- TaG Restricted Light – Ian Branson, Brett North, James MacDonald
- Open Performance KZ2 – Gary Pegoraro, Mathew Mills, Ashley Pollard
- Junior National Light – Liam McLellan, Mitch Wilson, Will Hawkes
- Formula 100 Heavy – Dominic Albanese, Bobby Bourke, Neil Torode
- Formula 100 Light – Ben Albanese