Please ensure you adhere to the following Rules while practicing at the Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club.
So as to ensure that emergency services personnel can be called in the event of an accident, no person alone is permitted to use the track if they are unaccompanied. For the sake of clarity, this means that there must be at least one adult observing the on-track activity at all times.
There must be at least one (1) WORKING MOBILE PHONE available at the Circuit at all times that drivers are on the Track.
All drivers must enter their details in the Sign-In book (at Grid Box) before they go out onto the track. This must be done each day they attend the track. Please ensure all requested details are completed.
Note: Drivers name must be entered please do not enter a Group name or Kart Shop name.
Licence and Rules
- Karting Australia Rules must be complied with at all times.
- Drivers must hold a current Karting Australia Drivers Licence (“KA Licence”) that is valid for the class of kart that they intend to use on the track.
- Drivers must have their KA licence with them and it must be available for inspection by club personnel when required.
- Drivers under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- It is forbidden to cross the track, sit on tyre walls or be inside the Circuit while there are karts driving on the Track.
- It is forbidden to stop on the track for any mechanical adjustments, take tyre pressures, refuelling or to give the driver instruction.
Classes of Karts and Age Requirements
- Drivers are only permitted to drive a Class of kart for which they are licenced.
- Age division restrictions for who may be on a track at the same time:
- Cadet 9 and Cadet 12 drivers are permitted on a track at the same time.
- Junior drivers are not permitted on the track with any other age division.
- Senior drivers are not permitted on the track with any other age division.
Track Configuration and Direction of Travel
- Practice will always take place on the full track (No short cuts or cut throughs are to be used).
- The direction of travel will always be clockwise at no time shall a kart be driven in the opposite direction (Anti-Clockwise).
Safety Apparel and PPE
- The requirements of Technical Rules Chapter 7 Apparel (including helmets, driving suits, gloves and enclosed shoes) must be complied with at all times.
- Each driver should ensure that a suitable FIRST AID KIT is in their possession while at the Circuit.
- All crew whilst in the confines of the circuit must wear a high visibility vest.
First Aid Kit
- The Club has provided a First Aid Kit (Grid Box) for use if required. If you use anything from this First Aid kit please inform the club as soon as possible.
These Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club Practice rules have been taken from extractions from the 2018 Karting Manual and National Competition Rules – Appendix 1. Adherence to these rules is required when practicing at the Oakleigh Go Kart Racing Club.